2.11.2012

WIld for Mod

OK... I've been on a MAJOR Mid-Century Mod (MCM) kick.. I love the clean retro lines of this style. Obviously made in the 1950 ish era, MCM furniture is usually very well built, that good tongue and groove stuff, not the crap you find at Ikea.

I've recently transformed a few MCM pieces... They are great as a changing table in a baby nursery, a console for a flat screen or even as a buffet in your dining room. Here are some of my latest Mod creations...

 This piece was great! The hardware was had the resemblance of brass knuckles. I painted them chrome and did a dark ebony stain on the bottom legs.


I kept the integrity of the wood on the drawer faces of this beautiful dresser. High gloss white really made it pop!

 This piece is from the Broyhill "Emphasis" collection. White lacquer on the front drawers and a pale blue center. The wood on this piece is remarkable!

 This little orange guy is pretty fun. Perfect for a console table. I added mirror to the inlay on the front.

Finished this vintage Bassett dresser for a member of our troops serving in Afghanistan. I'm glad she's coming home..

Keep an eye on my shop at www.shabbymaggie.com. More MCM pieces are in the works! 


XO Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment